Career Mobility Accounting
About participating agencies and organizations.
Participating agencies invest in their employees by providing opportunities for training and development that can lead to greater job satisfaction, higher employee engagement, better employee retention and morale, and a better career path. Currently, there are over 10,000 vacancies at the State of Oregon in various job roles and classifications. The Career Mobility program cultivates Oregon’s state workers and ensures are more resilient workfoce. Participation in the Career Mobility Program can:
- Help recruit and develop a highly skilled workforce.
- Reduce turnover costs and help retain good employees.
- Create industry-driven and flexible training opportunities to meet local needs.
- Provide a clear path for educational and professional development
Career Mobility is a collaborative effort between Western Oregon University (WOU), SEIU503, Department of Administrative Services (DAS), Department of Consumer & Business Services (DCBS), Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS), Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Oregon Housing & Community Services (OCHS) and Oregon Department of Revenue.
The Department of Administrative Services is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to Workforce Diversity. At the Department of Administrative Services, we embody the value of hiring a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce revitalizes our state. We value diversity and foster a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Summary of the program, course work, and how you will be supported throughout your education.
The Career Mobility selection committee includes leaders from across state agencies, SEIU 503 and representatives from participating agencies to ensure multiple facets of an applicant’s experience is considered throughout this process.
- Melinda Gross, Director of Cultural Change, Orgon Department of Administrative Services
- Brad Cunningham, Financial Services CFO, Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- Katie Matysik, HR recruitment & Policy, Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- Tobias Sherwood, Cultural Change Manager, Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- Juliet Valdez, Affirmative Action Manager, Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- Heather Blankenheim, SEIU 503
- Allison McMurtrey, Oregon Housing and Community Services
- See Eun Kim, Oregon Health Authority
- Whitney Johnson, Career Mobility Program Manager at Uplift Oregon