Healthy Eating for Shift Workers
Thursday, November 10
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Working the night shift disrupts the natural rhythm of our bodies and can impact our health and well-being. Many shift workers have limited food choices from vending machines and use caffeine to provide energy to stay wake and alert. Over time, these choices impact our health in many ways. Having a plan helps combat these challenges. Taking steps that incorporate healthier eating options may lead to increased energy and alertness.
You will learn in this webinar:
- Understanding the benefits of healthy eating
- Determining the effects night shift healthy eating has on energy levels and general health
- Identifying characteristics and timing of healthy eating during the night shift
- Create an action plan for short- and long-term goals
- Learning about resources for ongoing support and skill building
Inspiring your wellness journey.
At Uplift, our goal is to build a wellness program to support you as a whole person and create a culture of wellness in the workplace. We know this past year has been especially trying due to COVID-19, the wildfires, and the uprisings for racial justice. So we have partnered with Kaiser Permanente to offer all state employees wellness webinars. These webinars are free of charge and available to any employee regardless of their health carrier or provider.
For more information, email Dr. General Johnson.