Motivation for Change
Small Steps to Lasting Change
Thursday, April 27, 2023
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The stages of change are common to every person who has ever set out to make a change. Whether the change is rather simple, like using a seat belt every day, to more complex, like quitting smoking, the change process is the same. Making a change can make you feel overwhelmed, scared, or fearful of failure. Understanding habits, behavior change, and where you are in that process can help make you more successful.
Participants will understand the change process in order to better prepare for taking small steps toward a change that they want to make. Tools and resources to develop SMART goals and action plans are reviewed. Participants discuss common barriers to change, and how to problem solve and deal with setbacks.
You will learn in this webinar:
- Understanding the benefits of the change process forsuccessful behavior change
- Determining the effects problem solving has on dealing withbarriers and setbacks to change
- Applying practical tools and tips to monitor the change process
- Creating an action plan for short- and long-term goals
- Learning about resources for ongoing support and skill building
Inspiring your wellness journey.
At Uplift, our goal is to build a wellness program to support you as a whole person and create a culture of wellness in the workplace. We know this past year has been especially trying due to COVID-19, the wildfires, and the uprisings for racial justice. So we have partnered with Kaiser Permanente to offer all state employees wellness webinars. These webinars are free of charge and available to any employee regardless of their health carrier or provider.
For more information, email Dr. General Johnson.